Saturday, October 29, 2011

Costume Party

M&R
Date #32
Costume Party

Hey! It's true. We are still alive and it seems as though we have completely and utterly failed our goal of one date night a week for a year. [head hung in shame]

I've learned a couple of things. It turns out that having a husband who works 60+ very inconsistent hours each week is not very conducive to planning date nights. You know what else, we are learning that without grandparents around, ya just gotta bite the bullet and pay for a babysitter. Otherwise friends and neighbors are going to grow weary of babysitting trades and favors. I don't want to be that friend that people avoid because they are afraid of what is going to be asked of them. As cheapskate as this might make me sound, it's hard to cough up babysitting money on top of any costs for a date, but, I think it's just time. It definitely is more convenient having the babysitter come to you though.

Anyway!! This dating thing has turned out to be more challenging than I thought. But, we will never ever give up! So here I am, with what should be Date #43, but instead it's Date #32.

We received an invitation to a Halloween costume party. We were supposed to go as characters from a book called Fablehaven, which I know nothing about. So I Wikipedia'd it (didn't you know that's a verb?) and found some characters to imitate. Hubby and I aren't crazy about costumes, but we threw something together. I made some cat ears and a tail (for $1.71 thank you very much!) and went as a black cat. Hubby was "the Grey Assassin".

The party was so so fun!! We only knew the hosts, but they know how to choose a good crowd, because we didn't feel awkward the whole time. The company was fantastic, and hilarious, and they had plenty of games and food to keep us busy and entertained the entire time.

There was a best costume competition and we obviously didn't come close. Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment