Saturday, August 27, 2011

Concert Under the Stars

M&R
Date #31
Concert Under the Stars
Monday was our anniversary. 8 years! We went to Olive Garden, but that night we took our kids. Not very relaxing, or romantic. Hubby bought us tickets to go to a concert to see Brian McKnight though. I liked his music a lot when I was in high school, but haven't listened to him in years. R&B isn't really my top choice in music and I don't enjoy it as much I used to, BUT this concert was really good! I was pleasantly pleased.

So anyway, we got babysitters Saturday night, and enjoyed a lovely four hour date night. We stopped at Zupa's for some take-out. Then headed over to the concert.

There is no denying that Brian McKnight has a voice as smooth as butter. He really is an amazing talent. Not only does he sing (very well), but he writes his own music and plays nine instruments.

It was really refreshing to hang out with my hubby listening to romantic music, under the stars on a perfect summer night. We watched the clouds in the distance light up every few minutes during the concert. By the very last song, the storm had reached us and we watched a huge lightning storm on the drive home.

It was such a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment