Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cookie Cook-Off

M+R
Date 4

Ingredients for Date #4:

  • One Boy
  • One Girl
  • One Empty House (no kids)
  • Chocolate
  • Sugar- and I'm not talking just the granulated kind
  • Hang out music
  • Laughing
  • Turning up the heat--you know.....the oven!


  • For this date, we had a cookie cook-off. Our rule was that it had to be a new recipe. I chose a new sugar cookie and frosting recipe. The hubby chose Fudge Ecstasies. A neighbor took all three kids, which was amazing. First time I've been away from my 4 month old for more than a quick run to the grocery store. The house was sooo quiet. Too quiet actually. It was really weird, and nice at the same time.

    We got cooking right away. First thing first-- a tutorial on the difference between a sauce pan, a glass pyrex bowl, and a frying pan. That produced some good laughing! Then onto the measuring, mixing, rolling, cutting, and baking.
    My cookies turned out great. My favorite sugar cookie recipe (which I needed). The hubby's turned out tasting better than they looked. His were flatter than a pancake. They were rich and more of a dark chocolate. He's more partial to sweeter, milk chocolate flavors.

    It was a fun night anyway, and it went by way too fast.

    One month of dates down, 48 more to go!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment