Saturday, February 26, 2011

Communication

M&R
Date #8
Communication Workshop and Tucanos


This date fell on my hubby's birthday. It was a two-part date. In the morning, we went to a workshop on communication. One quote that I loved was not even about communication, but I'll share anyway--

"Romantic love is not only a part of life, but literally a dominating influence of it. It is deeply and significantly religious. There is no abundant life without it. Indeed the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom is unobtainable in the abscence of it."
--Bruce C Hafen

I love that for two reasons. I love that because it doesn't say a "husband and wife unit"--it says, "romantic love". The other reason is that romantic love between a husband and wife is deeply and significantly religious. I think it's easy to lose focus on the romantic love in marriage. Life just gets crazy sometimes, but it is so very essential. These date nights are a great reminder to re-focus on each other in the midst of all the craziness and busyness that each week brings.

Later in the evening we went to Tucanos (Hubby's choice for his birthday dinner). As we sat there talking during dinner, we started realizing how hard it was to not talk about the kids and finances during dinner. Do other couples have a hard time with this?

It occured to me how much we need these date nights if we have a hard time finding things to talk about aside from things going on at home.

Which reiterates the fact that I'm so happy we're having these date nights. It really is an important thing to take time for in marriage.

No pictures this time--sometimes I feel silly pulling out my big camera at every place we go. This was one of those times.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Mindy! We make it a point to talk about things other than our kids, too. We talk about our friends and places we want to go and I make it a point to get into D's head when it comes to his life at work. Seems to help.

    Loved these quotes and your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete