Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Concert in the Park

B+C
Date #20
Thai Food, Market, Concert, People Watching, Frozen Yogurt


It's never ideal to bring baby along, but in order to stay out as long as we wanted, we thought it would be easier to take her, and she was a good sport at the concert, dancing and giggling the whole time, and getting us a lot of compliments. ; )


This week, I took B to the Twilight Market and Concert, in Salt Lake. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros were playing! I was so excited about this. (Home is probably their most well-known song, but my favorite is 40 Day Dream, which I put in the video. Scroll down).

We were both starving when we arrived, so we got some [REALLY GOOD] Thai food from one of the vendors.

Then we sat on our blanket and did a whole lot of people-watching, while The Entrance Band played.

There was quite the colorful crowd there. Very entertaining. B's favorite guy was wearing skinny jeans, loafers, and had a mustache. We decided next time we go, we'll dress up. B will grow out his mustache and I'll wear something crazy (edit: crazy, for ME. so probably NOT that crazy).

We DID spend money on food and parking, but the concert was FREE! And, before the main event, there was also a Twilight Market, with jewelry, clothes, and other handmade things.

The best part was when the main band started playing. The excitement level shot up, everyone ran to the front, the music got louder. I love the energy at a good concert.

This was a great date night. We want to go to more of these in the future. Hopefully without baby next time?

Afterwards, we got some frozen yogurt. We both got Thin Mint with graham cracker crumbs and cheesecake bites. Definitely not on my diet but SO worth it. It was so so good!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, live music is like our FAVORITE thing. EVER.

    Secondly, people watching might be our SECOND favorite thing ever. I'm jealous of this date. Unfortunately, we have had such a crazy month our dating has become tragically sparse. I keep trying to think of things that might possibly be considered a date and its all just making up things we've done. Sad. I'll be done with this schedule in 3 weeks, though, so I can't WAIT to go back out again. I miss dating so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. I love being outside. I love live music. We for SURE do not do this enough. You guys are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete