Saturday, July 30, 2011

A night with knights

J+D
Date #29
All of last week was spent in Las Vegas taking care of my neices and nephews with my sister-in-law. There were 8 kids for two mamas and, to be honest, I had a great time. Can't say I'll want to have 8 kids of my own, but at least I know now that I wouldn't die doing it.

Anyway, the original plan was to fly D down the last day of my Nannying and as payment, my sister-in-law who had been gone all week was going to watch our kids for an evening so that D and I could go see a show in Vegas. I mean, who goes to Vegas without seeing a show, right? And "Ka" was what we had planned to see.

But once D flew in, we realized quickly that plan A would need to be changed to plan B, so that's what we did. You gotta do what you gotta do, you know?

So instead, we went to see The King's Tournament with everyone--6 adults and 8 kidlets. The kids loved the horses and knights, we all loved eating the meal with our hands, and most of all, I just loved to be back with my hubby again. Though it wasn't ALONE time and it wasn't plan A, I'm still counting it as a date for us.

Maybe once August is over we'll be able to be more in tune with our alone-dates again. But for now, we're doing all we can to keep up with you guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment