Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Mighty Thor

T&D
Date #28

D was out of town most of the week on a High Adventure Camp out.  For a minute I thought about just skipping the date this week since he would not be home till late Sat. afternoon and I knew we would both be tired.  But the thought of breaking our date streak was sort of heart-breaking when I was fully capable of planning something - and then I saw that Thor was playing in our favorite theatre - Water Gardens.  They had a 10pm showing Sat. night so I surprised him and got a after-kids-to-bed babysitter (couple neighbor girls) and we went to the movies.  D had already seen it once but could not wait to see it again and insisted that we see it together at the theatres.  D loves Norse Mythology and has always had a thing for Thor.  Its possible we will have a dog named Thor.  I can now assure you, after seeing this movie, that I have a thing for Thor.  And D is perfectly okay with it. 
Great date - just to hold hands and have him next to me in the movie after a long week apart was perfect -   both of us too tired to be super entertaining so just happy to be together and very happily entertained by the movie!

1 comment:

  1. Surprise dates are so great because they always turn out more fun than anything...because you were expecting NOTHING and got a minute together!

    We're so out of the dating routine.....sigh. I need to just get myself back into it. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete