Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dollar Store Date . . .

D & T
Date #10

We did not realize till Sat that we had not planned a date this week.  So we quickly got a babysitter and decided to "go out".  We were going to possibly get a treat or something, but we couldn't resist the girl scout cookies before we left the house so we did not need anything else in our tummies.  We got in the car with absolutely no plans.  D suggested we each pick one place to go and look around.  He chose Best Buy.  So many fun electronic things to look and and drool over . . . and add to the wish list.   I picked the Dollar Store.  I forgot how much I love the Dollar store and D and I were pretty entertained by the randomness in there.  We found some treasures that brought back memories (cookies from Canada - the mission - where we met) and I decided I need to shop at the dollar store more often.  We did buy the sunglasses, cause mine just broke and I am not allowed to have sunglasses that cost much more than $1 at the rate I lose or break them (but the date still counts as free cause I would have had to buy new sunglasses anyway). 
It was a very fun spontaneous date!!

3 comments:

  1. For our first two years of marriage up in SLC, I swear, this kind of date was what D and I did EVERY WEEKEND! We loved it! And we found some real treasures where we never thought we'd find anything! So fun. Great Date Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like the dollar store too! There is a dollar store by my parents house (not part of a chain of stores) and it is the BEST. We go there everytime we are visiting. Cheap stuff is the best because how can you ever have buyer's remorse over a dollar, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. every time i go to the dollar store i remember that i need to go more often (for things like shampoo, soap, snacks) and i always forget. this was a cute last minute idea. if we had forgotten about date night, we probably would have ended up just staying inside. good job getting out and doing something!

    ReplyDelete