Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Late-Night Chat

B+C
Date #5
Conversation and Cookies

Okay, I don't know if I'm stretching the idea of a date here, but for Date #5 we put the kids in bed and stayed up talking for HOURS, with some 'monster cookies' (our most favorite cookie recipe from my mother-in-law). No TV, no music, no distractions.

I have a feeling that a lot of our dates will take place just in our living room, but I think what's important is that we're making time for each other, without kids. I kind of liked being home, because we were able to talk about things we wouldn't have been able to, had we been at a restaurant.


We talked about shallow things and we talked about deep things. We talked about everything, from the shows we like, to our spiritual beliefs. We talked about the trials our kids will face growing up and how to combat them. We talked about the mistakes we've made and what we've learned from them. We talked about who we were when we met and who we've become. We talked about experiences from childhood, that we'd never shared with each other, and the goals we have for the future.

We stayed up WAY TOO LATE but it was such a great 'date'. I know we didn't do much, but I think communication is so important and I LOVED sitting with my love, learning more about him, growing to love him more than I already did. It's crazy to think that there IS more to learn about one another because it feels like we've known each other forever.

I'm exhausted today, but it was well worth the late night, just this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment