Thursday, March 10, 2011

J+D
Date #11

HOME DATE: SCRABBLE
scrabble 001

For the first two years of our marriage, D & I lived in a dungeonous apartment that had NO natural light, NO internet, NO cable television, NO heat, and NO insulation between our walls/floors and those around us. We called it our "12-step apartment" because we could get from one end to the other in 12 steps or less.

It was actually pretty hilarious.
We lived there for TWO years, and I'm pretty sure the only reason we lasted so long in such primitive circumstances was because we were only home in time for bed.

Or games.
That's what we did in that place. We either slept or we played games together.
LOTS of GAMES.
Board Games, Card Games, Word Games, Number Games, you name it.

Scrabble was among our favorites. D is a master Scrabbler, so though I knew I'd probably never win, I always tried my best to give him a run for his money. Sometimes I even got close to catching up to him...

Well, this week we decided to have a home date since we are going on a mini vacation this weekend (and wanted to save our pennies for the fun we'd have), so we stayed in. When the kids went down, we pulled out all the treats we could ever want, planted ourselves at the table, and went crazy with the scrabble board.

I'm happy to say that I was ahead for the first hour or so...
But then D swept the victory in the end. Bah.
I had forgotten how sneaky his word placements could be.

Anyway, loved our date last night! I'm loving these date nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment