Saturday, May 7, 2011

CHOCOLAT

D&T
Date #18

We had a strangely busy week and I was in "the date funk" as we have named it on our blog.  Sat. was a super busy day so we were exhausted on top of a lack of planning for the week.  We did get a neighbor girl to come over for about 30 min. after we put the kids to bed so we could hold hands in the car on the way to Maceys and pick up a few groceries.  We saw B there - from B&C - and my apologies for being sort of socially awkward, I was having a serious avocado dilemma - which sounds silly, but it seemed like a really big deal at the time (did I mention being in a funk?)  Then we came home and had a movie night.  D was sweet and let me pick the movie and I had one in mind - borrowed from J - CHOCOLAT.   It was perfect.  Intriguing and intense at times and sweet and funny and romantic.  Not too chick flick cheesy for D, and I LOVED it, for sure on my list of top 5 (had seen it before I realized, but not for YEARS).
GREAT suggestion - thanks J!!

Little note for those just following the blog and not participating (is anyone out there?? :).  It may seem like our "HOME DATES" are kind of a cop out. There have been plenty of weekends that D and I have put the kids to bed and then fallen to the couch and put on a movie or turned on our favorite show - heck, that can happen a few times a week.  But when we know we need to DATE and we call our alone time a DATE, something changes. There is just a different feeling and a different sort of communication that goes on when both parties know its that "special time" for the week, whether its out of the house on a planned evening or just spending the time in the house with kids in the back room sleeping.  I just wanted to write that down, in case I ever forget. 

4 comments:

  1. I have several people each week tell me how inspiring our date nights are....so surely there are people out there...I wonder how many are following the blog, though....

    I totally agree with this whole post:
    --sometimes being in a date funk makes it harder to push for a date
    --but making "special time" really does make a big difference in the whole week
    --and Chocolat is surely in my top 5 faves, too! Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too! I feel like no matter what we do, the fact that it is planned as a date changes the mood. An hour on the couch together, a stroll through the mall, where before didn't qualify as quality time, all the sudden has turned into one of the most intimate moments of the week. Thanks for your post! Keep going with the dates everybody!! P.S. I wouldn't mind babysitting for you if you ever need somebody-that applies to you too C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree. thanks for writing that in your post. we sit on the couch and catch up on shows all the time after the kids go down, but when it's not a date, he's watching what he wants while i work on a project or check blogs. when it's a DATE, we hold hands, cuddle, and there's a whole different vibe to the night. ps, b didn't think you seemed awkward ; )

    thanks for the offer, M!! i might just take you up on that. and we're always willing to babysit for anyone, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey---what's happened to our last few posts? Does anyone know?

    ReplyDelete