Saturday, June 4, 2011

Everything's Free on Vacation . . .

T&D
Date #23

The title of this date was the most repeated line on our date this week.  :)  We happen to be vacationing in AZ - soon to be Mexico (look for next week's date = romance on the beach) - and did a date night tonight with family.  My older brother got a babysitter for his kids and let ours jump in while we went to dinner at Tia Rosa's, one of the greatest Mexican Food Restaurants in AZ (not claiming its authentic, just really great).  My little brother was our server so we had to of course pad the tip.  :)  Dinner only was the original plan, but afterward it was still early and kids were happy and my bro. started looking up movies.  D & I shared the "everything's free on vacation" phrase and said what the heck to full price movie tickets and paying a babysitter for another 2+ hours.  Normally not in the plans for our dates, but since I only see my older brother once a year or so, we through caution (and the budget) to the wind.  We ended up seeing Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.  GREAT flick!!  D & I loved it!  And although we are easily entertained (and proud of it) I will say I did NOT really love the last 2 Pirates movies. In fact, I did not like them at all really (D thought they were okay, but for sure not as good as the first).  I loved the 1st Pirates for the action/adventure/romance - classic entertaining movie.  I would say this 4th installment was as good as the first and possibly even better!  I wonder how many people would agree with me - but I loved seeing so much of Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp is quite brilliant) and the story was intriguing and thrilling with just enough romance and lots of fun characters.  Just my thoughts.  And D loves movies so much, its fun to watch him watch movies and talk all about them afterward.  Great date for us - especially since "everything is free on vacation" (aka . . . already spending gobs of money on the trip anyway, so whats another $20 or $30 or $40  . . . ). :)



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Vacation is the best and a date on vacation is even better!

    ReplyDelete