Friday, June 17, 2011

Picnic in the Park

B+C
Date #16
Picnic and a movie



B's birthday is on Monday and, since Father's Day is the day before, and he will be working ON his birthday and the day AFTER, I figured the best time to celebrate would be the Friday BEFORE.

I had plans for something, but B thought we'd be too rushed, since it was in Salt Lake and we have a nursing baby who would need mama home on time, so I'm storing that idea away for a future date.

So, I just kept it simple and relaxed this year. I picked up some Kneaders (surprise, surprise! We really like Kneaders) and packed a bag with a blanket, a candle to 'set the mood' : ), some fun drinks, the laptop, and a redbox.

We ate our dinner in the shade of a huge tree, and watched our movie, snuggled up under a blanket.

I sang 'happy birthday' to my man and we shared a piece of burnt almond fudge cheesecake.


A beautiful night shared between us. I thought the date turned out perfectly. I love that man and I'm thankful I get to share every birthday of his with him, forever after.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! I LOVE picnics!!! So romantic and neccessary to enjoy the weather while we can!

    ReplyDelete