Saturday, June 25, 2011

Furniture Fix-up

B+C
Date # 17
Picking out paint

One of our favorite things to do together is furniture projects. We've built a few pieces of furniture together and it's a lot of fun to do the cutting, assembly, sanding, and painting/staining as a team.

Yesterday, we went to the antique store as a family and found this cute high chair. Today, while the boys were at a birthday party, we ran to the hardware store for some paint.


And the little one came along. She IS the one who has to sit in this high chair, after all.


We picked 'Waffle Cone'. It's a very very subtle green.

While the paint was being mixed, I got some of the free popcorn and B and I hung out with the babe.


I was really hoping to have some 'AFTER' shots of the high chair. The plan was to paint it after the kids went to bed, but the sun was already going down by then, so we opted to watch a movie instead- 'The Dilemma', which, by the way, is not nearly as funny as you might think, with who's in it. Maybe next week's date will be a painting date.

I love dates where we get to enjoy each other's company, while also checking something off of the to-do list. It feels good to be one step closer to completing a project, and I'm glad I got to do it with my Hub.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we need to do a group date night of refinishing cause I REALLY want to try it sometime. I have a bench outside my front door that needs some love. We did not love that movie either to be honest. Fun date though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I would like a little tutorial on finishing furniture too. I tried to refinish something with spray paint---disaster! Love that you guys both enjoy doing that together! And maybe a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete