Saturday, April 2, 2011

29th Birthday Date!!

D&T
Date #11

D did a FABULOUS job planning an incredible two part date for my 29th Bday!  First of all - he did ALL the work, including getting the babysitters needed for our 2-part date . . . which as you ladies know, is more than half the battle, so that was a gift in and of itself!!
Part 1:
D let me in on the Friday plans so we could pick a movie together.  Dinner and movie is normally the "classic" date.  But we have found that dinner and a movie is usually too long to be gone and often too expensive so this was a huge treat for us!  D and I LOVE movies and rarely go to the theatre so it was perfect!  Plus - our new favorite theatre is just down the road from our house: the Water Gardens Cinema 6. Its an "in-between" theatre - tickets are $3 (no new releases, but comes here before the dollars).  The best part is all concessions are $1 & $2.  We get movie tickets, a popcorn, drink, and candy to share for $10.  LOVE IT!!
Here's what we saw:


We both REALLY loved it!!  Not going to win an academy awards or anything, but TONS of action, some cool superpowers (we are really into that), and enough really sweet romance to keep everyone happy!!  Admittedly, D and I are pretty easily entertained, but its one I would definitely recommend! (And for you HUNGER GAMES fans, the lead guy is rumored to be playing PEETA in the first movie - and after seeing him on the big screen, I am a FAN!!!)

NEXT - on to dinner.  Everything on the date was MY choice . . . and I chose a new Mexican place in the area.  NOT the greatest choice.  We were not impressed by the service or the food or the prices.  I don't recommend it.  Should have gone with Thai Food.  :)

NEXT - a quick trip to the mall to return some clothes I bought for D.  I don't know why, but holding hands with my man walking in THE MALL (not just any store, but a mall) is romantic to me.  Maybe its cause I hardly ever go to the mall and window shopping is always fun - and its always filled with young couples - and it takes me back to the younger days when going to the mall was the cool thing to do on the weekends. But for whatever reason -  its a quirky romantic thing for me.  Weird, but true, so I loved it.

NEXT - We sort of spontaneously stopped at The Chocolate on the way home (inspired by B & C).  We ordered a Pizookie (Pizza Cookie as I called it growing up) - but a Cazookie (cake/cookie? baked in a cake pan . . ) on their menu. (Picture is from the Internet, not the actual dessert we ate, but it looks pretty darn close!)  It was delicious, and like C, I am IN LOVE with the quaint little place and am dying to try EVERYTHING on the menu.  We did run into some mission friends and they sat with us - they ordered a Sweet Potato dessert (whipped yams with brown sugar, butter, nuts, topped with ice cream) and they let me have a bite (I was rude enough to ask) and it was DIVINE (D did NOT think so).  I don't think I will be satisfied until I go back and get to eat the whole thing by myself. 

We think it was the LONGEST date (5 hours) we have been on (not counting any overnight trips) since our oldest daughter was born.  And also one of the more expensive dates we will go on.  But D reassured me that it was a special enough occasion for the splurge!!  :) 


Part 2:

D outdid himself by getting another sitter (all family - so FREE - a bonus!) on Sat. morning (the actual Bday) for a bike ride.  D is very into road biking and got a new bike, so I get the old one.  We road to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple and back (coming back took considerably longer up a KILLER hill to our house) - about 10 miles.  With a bathroom break and some gear shifting lessons in the parking lot, it was an hour outside enjoying the great weather and getting some GREAT exercise (two of my favorite things!).


5 comments:

  1. I love love love these pictures! And again, I'm totally jealous of the bike riding! D and I need to invest in some bikes.

    And next week we'll go to Chocolat altogether! Have you seen the movie Chocolat? One of my all time faves...

    I own it if you need a refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That sepia picture of you and dane is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME DATE!! i'm so impressed that D planned it all. that in and of itself is fantastic. i need to go try those other desserts at the chocolate. maybe when we all go as a group, we should order a bunch of desserts and pass them around to share? happy birthday T!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do need to borrow the movie, never seen it and have been wanting to since you told me about it!

    We all must go to Chocolat and share many desserts!

    And - I forgot to mention the other great thing about the movie theatre is that you can order the tickets online - assigned seating - no extra fees for buying online and no showing up WAY early to make sure you get a good seat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you--belated. That sounds like a really great birthday to me! Good job on your husbands part. I think when the hubby puts thought and effort to do something special for his wife, that is a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete