Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oreos and Yarn

B+C
Date #8
Teaching B to crochet

We didn't seem to have one spare minute for a date this week, so we had another home date after the kids went down.

I decided to teach B how to do something I enjoy- CROCHETING!

He was completely willing. I didn't know how well it would go because, let's face it, sometimes it's easier to learn a new skill from someone OTHER than your spouse, and I can't say it was completely void of ALL frustration with each other, but he was a really good student and I was impressed at how fast he caught on.

So we sat on the couch, crocheting and talking, like two old ladies, while snacking on OREOS. : )

A fun, quick, simple, date, that taught him a little bit more about me and my personality. I think it seemed strange to him that I can sit and do this for hours, but I had to explain to him that it's a great way to relax and wind down after a long day of motherhood. And I assured him he'll like it more after more lessons ( ha ha ), when he can actually complete a whole project. That's when it becomes more fulfilling.


I love how this dating thing has become SO MUCH EASIER. It's natural just to fit a date into our week (even when we can't go out), because we've made it a priority. I have a huge list of things I want to do with B, one of which is to learn something from HIM, but we'll do that in a few weeks, as we already have the next few dates figured out.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! B is such a creative guy anyway, that I'm sure he found serious pleasure from it!

    It was also probably a pretty good way to practice for your CRAFT NIGHT on the 7th for Relief Society! Can't wait to learn from you myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to go B!!! and you too C for mastering such a skill. I totally love it and will send my kids to you to learn if they have the desire cause I sure as heck won't be able to teach them! I too love how natural it has become to just plan on a date - home or away - every week. But something for "just us" to do. and WE MUST all get a big group for the dessert cafe and all order something different and pass it all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good sport B is! Have him crochet or knit something manly, like an ipod sock or something.

    ReplyDelete