Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home (well, BATHROOM) Improvement

J+D
Date #15

When we started brainstorming for this week's datenight, we decided that we'd either do SEALINGS (at the temple) or WALLS (in the bathroom).

And since we found out we might get TWO babysitting trades this week, we thought we'd opt for the WALLS this evening and hope for SEALINGS on Saturday morning.

So, we dropped the kiddos off at their auntie's house and hurried home.
I taped while D changed out of his work clothes.
He ran to the store to get more tape while I made dinner for the two of us.
We ate a home cooked meal together without having to feed/rein in/fight with anyone but ourselves (which was nice...and weird...and quiet...and surprisingly sad all at once).

DateNight 009Then
He brushed the edges while I rolled the rest.
He wiped the messes up while I touched up the last coat.

DateNight 011

We talked and laughed and joked around.
And we painted the bathroom green in under TWO hours.

DateNight 014

We weren't sure how much we'd love our idea to paint only two of the walls, but now that its all said and done, we think it looks pretty sweet. :)

D & I always have a good time when we are working on a project together.
My mom calls it "shoulder energy"--the powerful bonding people get when they are facing the same direction working on something. Like how when you walk WITH someone you can open up way more than if you are sitting across from them looking eye to eye.
The same goes with working on projects with people.
D & I definitely bonded last night.
Our shoulder energy was strong.
Ha.
In all seriousness, it was way fun and I can't WAIT to paint something with him again!

3 comments:

  1. it looks great! i don't love to paint but i do it, because i DO love the outcome. it can make a room look ten times better.

    isn't weird how empty the house feels when the kids aren't there? i can tell a difference between when the kids are asleep or GONE. something is missing without them there. it's good to have some alone time with our hubs but it's also good to know we look forward to seeing our sweet babies again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you I really like it - as I was starting at it as I was using your bathroom this evening. :). we will have to do this to our bedroom one of these date nights . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I like it too but I usually like what I do with my house until I go to someone else's house and realize how poor my skills are at interior decorating....ha ha

    ReplyDelete