Friday, April 22, 2011

Green Thumbs

M&R
Date #16
Herb Garden


I have to laugh about our date this week. We decided that we were going to do a home date. I came up with the idea to start an herb garden. Hubby was on board with that idea, but by the time we made it to the store to buy our seeds, pots, soil, etc., we were short on time. We ended up buying this little herb garden kit because we were determined to have something to do together for our home date.

Our herb garden planting took a whopping 10 minutes. Ha! Yes, it sounds a little silly, BUT, I stand by J when I say that since we took time to do something together, it was fun, and special. Under normal circumstances, I would have been planting the herbs by myself while my hubby was at work, or watching the tv, or internet surfing.







Afterward, we watched a movie in bed (The Tourist). Good home date night.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you guys in the reflexion! Reflection. Which is right?! My brain is playing games with me.

    Anyway, gardening is something that is ALWAYS fun to do with the hub....as T can now attest to, and as D and I discovered all last summer with our garden. We just got our plots to start our garden again, so I'm pumped. With yours and T's dates, I can't wait to do a date at OUR garden! :)

    Also, we liked THE TOURIST. Didn't love that there wasn't much chemistry between two amazing actors, but thought it was a great flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a full report on how the herb garden grows - cause its a reflection of your love. :) oh wait - if thats true then my life would be in ruins cause I have never actually kept anything alive before (this year WILL be different).
    Movies in bed are my favorite!!! Except that I usually fall asleep and D ends up all alone and has to rewatch the movie with me later. :)

    ReplyDelete