Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm lame. . .

B+C
Date #10
nothing special


We had a plan for date night, but little did I know I'd be in a weird mood that day.

I didn't really feel like doing anything. I just felt like taking a nap.

We had family in town and life had been so busy, I just had no energy left for a date.

SOooooooo. . . .

We ended up with a pretty lame one. Sorry husband!

My parents were staying at my Aunt and Uncle's place, so we just decided to drop the kids with THEM and then WE stayed there, but just found another corner, where we could be alone (it's a huge place, so the kids didn't even know we were still there.)

FIRST, we tried to play pool, but I just wasn't 'feelin' it', so we sat on the couch, played around with my dad's ipad, and ate some caramel toffee popcorn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, last week we didn't even go on a date, and this week was kind of a bust (I wish I had been in a more energetic mood). I hope we can make our next date more exciting!! : )

3 comments:

  1. What I think is cool is the fact that you still made time to be alone even when you didn't feel like doing anything particularly special....

    ...because just being alone is what is particularly special most of the time no matter what you do. And B looks pretty happy nonetheless. :) Hope you're feeling better since then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommies with tiny babies can be tired whenever they want! I think its a blessing I can't fully remember that kind of exhaustion. :) And Dane would LOVE to sit and just play on an Ipad with my head on his shoulder admiring his video game expertise, so I think its a GREAT DATE . . and one we may copy you on in the future if needs be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this time of year is just a downer. It's this weather. And three kids can be very exhausting. I have been in a weird mood the past couple of weeks too. But I agree that just being together is what counts.

    ReplyDelete