Friday, April 15, 2011

Delizioso


Well we just weren't feeling too creative about date nights with these sicknesses and long work hours and crazy weather. All we wanted to do was indulge in a delicious, carb-filled dinner.

So we did just that. We indulged and we enjoyed doing it. I can't say that I know authentic Italian food because, sadly, I've never been there, but I would say this seems more authentic. We didn't get the pizza this time, but their pizza is 'delizioso'. And the gelato? Well just look at it..... Need I say more?

One of our bucket list items together is to visit Italy. We dream of getting lost in Italy. Stumbling on a charming little Italian pizzeria just off of an old, cobblestone street. The street will be lined with tall dilapidated buildings with clothelines strung randomly and filled with drying laundry, flower boxes hanging out every twentieth window, and overhearing bits of Italian conversation that we might be able to translate, "ciao!" "buon giorno!" " benvenuti!".

Hubby and I have been making some major effort to put us in a financial position where hopefully in not too many years, we will be able to do that. Take a trip to Europe, with all the frills, and none of the debt guilt. That will be our ultimate date. It is going to happen.

I'm happy that I have this hubby of mine to plan with in the meantime. Love him more and more everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love the image that you created for us in Italy! Can we come along with you when you go?! If we're going to Italy, I'll muster up the courage to get on an airplane again. :) Ha.

    That pizza looks so good, that's where Dust and I might just go tomorrow on our date!!! We'll see...

    P.S. It was SO GOOD To see you again this weekend! Missed you oodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm! we've only been there once, a long time ago, but i really liked it and i think it IS pretty authentic, from what i hear. we've never tried the gelato. i think we need to!

    sometimes it really IS nice to just go out to dinner for a date, rather than something you put a lot of thought into. it's nice to sit, relax, talk, people watch, and enjoy some good food!

    ReplyDelete